What Is A Disaster?
According to Webster’s Dictionary, a disaster is:
An event that overwhelms existing resources
to deal with the event
- natural or caused by human actions,
- any season of the year,
- covers a limited or a wide-ranging geographic area
- event is relatively unexpected, with little or no prior warning or opportunity to prepare
- available personnel and emergency services may not be available during the initial stages of a disaster because of demands for their services
- lives, health, and the environment are endangered
This is a must attend meeting for you, your family, and your friends.
912 Project Salem – General Meeting
Friday January 11, 2013